Printer Friendly Translation
TensionRite® Belt Frequency Meter
The number one cause of power transmission belt failure is improper tensioning.
TensionRite Belt Frequency Meter from the trusted brand of Goodyear Engineered Products provides a simple, repeatable and reliable method for tensioning belts using optical technology. It displays the natural vibration frequency of a belt strand so you can closely monitor belt tension. The device calculates the corresponding belt tension in either English or SI units.
Features and Benefits:
- Quartz crystal based solid-state circuitry
- Little, if any, calibration required*
- No gain adjustment, filters or alternate sensor heads required
- Direct rather than indirect measurement of vibration frequency
- Senses movement of the belt, not the disturbances of the air adjacent to the belt
- Unaffected by ambient noise level or air currents
- Meter range matches “real life” belt installation parameters
- The fundamental vibration frequency of most commonly used power transmission belts trends to the low end of the scale (< 400Hz)
- Meter can be used with all belt types
* Individual requirements may dictate the need for re-calibration to meet overall quality procedures.